Windy Keala McElroy, PhD
Welcome to RKealaG.com!
(pronounced like "archaeology")
This is the page of Windy Keala McElroy. I am an archaeologist based in Hawai'i with research interests in Hawai'i and the Pacific.
- October 2017 a Hawaii Tribune Herald article mentions artifacts that Keala Pono found in Hilo that were donated to the Pacific Tsunami Museum.
- August 2016 Hawaii Magazine article on rock stacking I'm quoted in.
- Check out the August 2016 issue of Hawaii Magazine for a story on my Kalalau Trail Hike.
- July 2014 check out the new web series on archaeology in Hawai'i, featuring Keala Pono!
- August 2013 UH public service announcement airs on KFVE.
- January 2013 KHON news segment on UH North Shore archaeological field school
- May 2012 commercial filmed for UH Community Colleges airs.
- March 2012 story about my Kilimanjaro talk
- April 2011 videos of an archaeological site I found at Sandy Beach are on Maunalua.net. Click on "Sandy Beach Archaeology."
- February 2011 MidWeek featured Keala Pono in a short article on new hires from Kailua.
- November 2010 The Keala Pono press release is out.
- July 2010 Check out the new website for Keala Pono Archaeological Consulting, LLC: http://keala-pono.com
- April 2009 My Moloka'i article was published in the new encyclopedia Archaeology in America: http://www.greenwood.com/catalog/GR3184.aspx
- November 4, 2008 My research was featured in the Honolulu Advertiser, including a video clip of Wailau.
- October 2008 My Wailau research was featured on the KGMB morning news on Wednesday, October 15. You can view the segment at: http://www.Keala-Pono.com under the media coverage section.
- October 2008 My Wailau work was shown on the TV series Pacific Clues, which airs for 9 weeks beginning on October 8 on PBS.
- July 2007 My dissertation is now available for download on my publications page
- February 2007 Wailau photos featured on the University of Hawaii's new Applied Archaeology Program website.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.